PH-Tools is the umbrella project encompassing all of the various software tools we’ve been building to make Passive House energy modeling faster, easier and more fun. In the past we’ve made plugins for DesignPH, and standalone tools like LBT2PH. The Honeybee-PH plugin is our newest plugin, written for Honeybee from the ground up to work seamlessly with Ladybug-Tools using their plugin-architecture. If you have questions on Honeybee-PH, or any of the other PH-Tools, check out the links and references below.
Having trouble and can’t find the answer? Consider the How to Ask for Help section below.
- Check our the Learn More page for detailed how-to guides and tutorials.
- Installation Issues? Check our the Install page.
- Rhino or Grasshopper Trouble? Check out the Rhino Forum.
- Ladybug-Tools or Honeybee Trouble? Check out the Ladybug-Tools Forum for folks who have run into similar issues.
- If you can’t find the answer anywhere above, try posting a question to the Ladybug-Tools Forum. For most questions, we encourage you to ask them publicly on the forum, that way when we are able the answer them they become a resource for future users who run into the same issue. Consider the How to Ask for Help section below.
- Found a Bug? Feel free to open a new Issue on the GitHub page anytime.
- If you still can’t find the answer you are looking for, you can always email us at: email@example.com Consider the How to Ask for Help section below.
How to Ask for Help
We are happy to try and help you out if you are having trouble with Honeybee-PH, but to do that we need you to provide enough information for us to know what is happening. Please ensure that any help-requests or posts to the forums are structured to include:
Current Behavior / Issue:
- What is the problem behavior you are running into? What is the scenario you are having trouble with? Be as specific as possible.
- What did you expect to happen in this case?
What you have tried to solve the problem?
- Operating System and version (Windows, Mac, etc)
- Rhino version you are running
- Ladybug Tools version you are running
- PHPP version and language if exporing to PHPP
- WUFI-Passive version if exporting to WUFI
- Versions of any other relevant plugins you are using?
Screen Shots / Examples:
- Remember - we cannot see your computer. So you’ll have to provide some screen-shots or example files if you would like us to understand exactly what is happening, and where.
Example Files: If you are providing sample files, remember some important things:
- We don’t have access to your computer or network, so ensure any linked files or references are ‘internalized to the GH file.
- For weather files, use the download weather file LBT tool, since as with the above, hard-coded paths to files on your computer will cause errors for the file receiver.
- With things like geometry, remember also that the geometry does not travel with the GH file automatically either, so things like pipelines will not work.
- We don’t have the same GH plugins that you having installed, so remove anything other than vanilla-GH, honeybee, or honeybee-ph components from your GH definition before sharing.
- When troubleshooting, it is always helpful to distill the GH definition down to the bare minimum and isolate the offending bit. Often just by doing that you can find the place where things are going wrong. So try pulling out the bare minimum geometry and components and see if the function in question still gives you trouble.
Interested in Contributing?
Honeybee-PH is open-source and freely available. If you would like to contribute in any way, check out the PH-Tools Contributing docs to get started.
If you want to contact us regarding any aspect of the Honeybee-PH toolkit, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org