Honeybee-PH and the Grasshopper toolkit are free and open-source. Feel free download and give it a try.
YouTube Walk Through
Watch a detailed step-by-step walk through showing both the LadybugTools installation and the Honeybee-PH installation here: Installation Walk Through
In order to successfully install Honeybee-PH, please make sure that your system already has all of the required software installed and working:
- Rhino-3D v7+
- Ladybug-Tools v1.51+ (Note: Run the ‘Versioner’ tool before installing)
- PHPP v9 or v10
- Windows OS. 😧 While almost all the Rhino/Grasshopper tools work fine on MacOS, we are still having trouble getting Rhino to talk to Microsoft Excel on MacOS. Sorry. For now, you will need Windows in order to use the PHPP exporter, and WUFI-Passive only runs on Windows.
Please Note: The installation file for Honeybee-PH does NOT include either WUFI-Passive or PHPP. Those programs must be purchased separately in order to use them. Honeybee-PH is an interface for those tools, not a replacement for them.
Rhino / Grasshopper Installation
In order to successfully install the honeybee-ph toolkit, follow the steps outlined below:
- Step 1: Download the Installation File: Download Honeybee-PH Installer File ⤓
- Step 2: Open the Installation File using Rhino / Grasshopper and follow the instructions. (Note: if you run into permissions trouble during install, try opening Rhino ‘as administrator’.)
- Step 3: Restart Rhino and Grasshopper to ensure that all the new components are properly added to your installation.
If you run into any errors or trouble during install:
- Do you have Rhino and Grasshopper v7? Right now, this is the only version of Rhino we support.
- Are you sure you already have Ladybug-Tools and Honeybee installed? You can use the Honeybee “HB Check Versions” component to check that your Python, Radiance, and OS installs are working properly?
- Do you have a compatible version of Ladybug Tools installed? Honeybee-PH requires Honeybee-Energy v1.51.47 or better to work properly. If you have an older version of Ladybug Tools / Honeybee installed, you should use the Ladybug Tools “LB Versioner” component to update your installation to the latest version before trying to use Honeybee-PH.
- Are you using vanilla Ladybug-Tools, or are you using Pollination? If you are using Pollination on Windows, it is possible that your Ladybug-Tools are installed in a different directory than normal. This means you may need additional permissions before you can install Honeybee-PH. If you run into any permissions issues, try running Rhino ‘Run as administrator’ from your Start Menu and then running the Installation.
- Still having trouble? Check out the Contact page for additional resources.